13/08/05 - Annual Dinner
What a fantastic night.
Great food and warm company at the Darlington Estate Winery.
Thank you to Robyn and Vaughn Thompsett for organising the event.
The Anniversary event is a chance to look back on the last club year and thank all those who contributed to making our club so fun and exciting.
First and foremost I’d like to thank the members of the club committee, without these club members who are willing to dedicate their time and energy we simply wouldn’t have a club.
The amount of time committee members give to the club is often unrecognized beyond committee meetings countless hours are spent organizing and coordinating events:
- Social, Annual and Motor Sport orientated.
- E-mail discussion,
- Queries from potential members
- Membership subscription
- Event Write ups,
- Club Photos,
- Keeping members informed via the club Newsletter, Event Calendars, Website, E-mails and via telephone calls
- Keeping club members well dressed
- And making sure all everything is paid for and within budget.
This year we’ve seen the club’s calendar grow substantially with:
-The Monthly After Work "Get Together"
- Twice as many Driver Training Events
- Twice as many teams competing in the MC Autokharna and many more members becoming involved in motor sport
- The addition of "Budget Burger" Runs
While not all club members can dedicate as much time as committee members we’ve been lucky to have some non committee members step up and offer to run club events:
- We’ve had Ian’s Golf Day
- Mike’s Air show
- Paul and Judith’s Observation Rally
- And the ever successful "Weekend Down South" run by Dennis and Maree Courtney
We’ve also had club members dedicate their time as instructors during driver training events.
This year we’ve also had 3 combined club runs with the MG Car Club, Club Mini and the Lotus Elises.
The 2004-2005 Committee was:
President: David Turk
Vice President: Simon Corston
Secretary: Sandra Pullman
Membership Secretary: Ashley Price
Treasurer: Voughn Thompsett
Motorsport: Ian Lewis
Social Secretary: Penelope Williamson
Webmaster: David Turk
Newsletter Editor: Bob Sharpe
Newsletter Production: Simon Corston
Merchandise: Robyn Thompsett
General Committee: Andrew Seinor, Leslie Proctor & Alan Wallace
In 2005 I’ve been lucky enough to meet the presidents from all the Australian MX-5 clubs. I’ve also attended events with the NSW club, the ACT chapter of the NSW club and the Victorian Club.
Mid September I’m also catching up with the Queensland club members.
It’s been fantastic to have been so warmly excepted by other MX-5 owners nation wide.
But the one thing all of them have envied is the support Mazda WA gives our club, as president I’m continually overwhelmed by the support we receive.
From providing a venue to hold our meetings, to marquees at the classic car show, event prizes, invites to the Auto show, the list goes on, we’re indebted to Mazda WA for their support.
This years "Club Member of the Year" award had been very closely contested.
We’ve had so many club members contribute to the club this year including some who’s role has been much more involved than in previous years, because of additional events or the absence of other committee members for various reasons.
David Hughes from Mazda WA was there to present our Club Members of the Year award to Robyn and Vaughn Thompsett.
- David TURK [President Mazda MX-5 Club of WA Inc.]
- 29/08New look Mazda mx-5
- 24/05What the FIAT?!
- 01/12Anti drink-driving from NZTA
- 28/09RIP Bob Murray from Wheels World
- 12/06After Work - Fish 'n' Chips
- 09/06Speed Dome autotest
- 03/06RAC fun Sprint
- 02/06Monthly Cruise – York
- 26/06Monthly Meeting
- 07/07Country Cruise “The MX-500”
- 14/07Motorplex Sprint
- 17/07After Work - Detailing Clinic
- 19/07CMC Quiz Night
- 31/07Monthly Meeting & AGM
- 04/08Monthly Cruise - Ob Rally
- 14/08After Work – Burger Run
- 18/08RAC double autotest
- 28/08Monthly Meeting
- 01/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day
- 11/09Car Maintenance Night
- 15/09Speed Dome autotest
- 19/09Road Trip 2013
- 25/09Monthly Meeting
- 29/09Barbagallo Sprint (night)
- 06/10Journey with Jenn Cruise
- 15/10After Work – Freo Hotdog Run
- 20/10Motorplex Sprint or RAC autotest
- 30/10Monthly Meeting
- 03/11Monthly Cruise - Araluen
- 10/11RAC single autotest
- 24/11Dawn Breakfast – Bindoon
- 26/11Monthly Meeting
- 01/12Santa’s Sleigh Ride Cruise
- 10/12Xmas Twilight Picnic @ Iluka
- 15/12RAC double autotest
- 05/01Bob's Collectors Cruise
- 14/01City Beach Sundowner
- 04/02Monthly Cruise – Elmar’s
- 08/02Annual Dinner & Trophy Night @ The Oxford Hotel
- 15/02Night Cruise
- 02/03Monthly Cruise – Dardanup