Saturday 13th of August 2005 - Annual Dinner
What a fantastic night.
Great food and warm company at the Darlington Estate Winery.
Thank you to Robyn and Vaughn Thompsett for organising the event.
The Anniversary event is a chance to look back on the last club year and thank all those who contributed to making our club so fun and exciting.
First and foremost I’d like to thank the members of the club committee, without these club members who are willing to dedicate their time and energy we simply wouldn’t have a club.
The amount of time committee members give to the club is often unrecognized beyond committee meetings countless hours are spent organizing and coordinating events:
- Social, Annual and Motor Sport orientated.
- E-mail discussion,
- Queries from potential members
- Membership subscription
- Event Write ups,
- Club Photos,
- Keeping members informed via the club Newsletter, Event Calendars, Website, E-mails and via telephone calls
- Keeping club members well dressed
- And making sure all everything is paid for and within budget.
This year we’ve seen the club’s calendar grow substantially with:
-The Monthly After Work "Get Together"
- Twice as many Driver Training Events
- Twice as many teams competing in the MC Autokharna and many more members becoming involved in motor sport
- The addition of "Budget Burger" Runs
While not all club members can dedicate as much time as committee members we’ve been lucky to have some non committee members step up and offer to run club events:
- We’ve had Ian’s Golf Day
- Mike’s Air show
- Paul and Judith’s Observation Rally
- And the ever successful "Weekend Down South" run by Dennis and Maree Courtney
We’ve also had club members dedicate their time as instructors during driver training events.
This year we’ve also had 3 combined club runs with the MG Car Club, Club Mini and the Lotus Elises.
The 2004-2005 Committee was:
President: David Turk
Vice President: Simon Corston
Secretary: Sandra Pullman
Membership Secretary: Ashley Price
Treasurer: Voughn Thompsett
Motorsport: Ian Lewis
Social Secretary: Penelope Williamson
Webmaster: David Turk
Newsletter Editor: Bob Sharpe
Newsletter Production: Simon Corston
Merchandise: Robyn Thompsett
General Committee: Andrew Seinor, Leslie Proctor & Alan Wallace
In 2005 I’ve been lucky enough to meet the presidents from all the Australian MX-5 clubs. I’ve also attended events with the NSW club, the ACT chapter of the NSW club and the Victorian Club.
Mid September I’m also catching up with the Queensland club members.
It’s been fantastic to have been so warmly excepted by other MX-5 owners nation wide.
But the one thing all of them have envied is the support Mazda WA gives our club, as president I’m continually overwhelmed by the support we receive.
From providing a venue to hold our meetings, to marquees at the classic car show, event prizes, invites to the Auto show, the list goes on, we’re indebted to Mazda WA for their support.
This years "Club Member of the Year" award had been very closely contested.
We’ve had so many club members contribute to the club this year including some who’s role has been much more involved than in previous years, because of additional events or the absence of other committee members for various reasons.
David Hughes from Mazda WA was there to present our Club Members of the Year award to Robyn and Vaughn Thompsett.
- David TURK [President Mazda MX-5 Club of WA Inc.]
- 19/02Motorsport Series 9 #8 --- Series Has Started
- 07/02Motorsport Series 9 #7 WholeSeries Entry Open to All Members
- 01/02Motorsport Series 9 #6 Fixture Error on Entry Form
- 31/01Motorsport Series 9 #5 Entrants List
- 18/02Induction - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 17/02Annual Dinner & Trophy Presentation @ The Saint
- 10/02Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner Mandoon Estate - CANCELLED
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 21/02Twilight picnic at The Coombe Reserve
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 25/02Induction - Jack’s Hillclimb
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Motor Museum of WA
- 10/03Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run - RESCHEDULED
- 21/03After Work Get Together - Nedlands Croquet Club
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 25/03Rd 1 Midvale Speed Dome
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner
- 29/04Rd 2 Motorplex Sprint
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 12/05Rd 3 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 15/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 19/05Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 26/05Saturday Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 10/06Rd 4 Jack’s Hillclimb
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah
- 01/07Rd 5 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/08Rd 6 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 09/09Rd 7 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 21/10Rd 8 Motorplex Sprint
- 18/11Rd 9 Midvale Speed Dome
- 16/12Rd 10 Jack’s Hillclimb