08/02/11 - MX-5 Special Edition
Mazda today announced that the new MX-5 Special Edition with styling and suspension upgrades is now available in Australian showrooms in limited numbers.
With just 200 MX-5 Special Editions being brought into the country and the upgrades being added at no additional cost, buyers will need to move fast to secure one of these rare models.
Already considered to be one of the world’s best handling sports cars, the MX-5 Special Edition takes the fun to drive factor to even greater heights with the addition of Bilstein-tuned suspension.
A bright painted strut tower bar provides a stylish finish to the suspension set-up.
On the outside, the MX-5 Special Edition makes it mark with new bright painted 17-inch alloy wheels and a range of contemporary new exterior colours.
Two new colours, Dolphin Grey Mica and Sparkling Black Mica, are available along with the ever-popular Aluminium Metallic.
Inside, the tone is set by unique grey coloured leather seats which are complemented by a leather steering wheel and handbrake both featuring grey highlight stitching.
Chrome meter rings and air vent bezels complete the look.
Mazda Australia marketing manager, Alastair Doak, said “The Mazda MX-5 is an iconic car with enthusiasts across the world making it the best-selling two seater roadster of all-time. Offering a limited number of MX-5 Special Editions to Australian consumers will ensure it appeals to the enthusiasts out there who are seeking something a little different.”
Demonstrating just how rare the MX-5 Special Edition is, Mazda recently announced that the 900,000th MX-5 had been produced.
In addition to the unique styling and suspension upgrades the MX-5 Special Edition features an impressive level of equipment including air-conditioning, cruise control, power windows, front and side airbags and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC).
The Mazda MX-5 Special Edition has a Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP) of $47,200.
- 29/08New look Mazda mx-5
- 24/05What the FIAT?!
- 01/12Anti drink-driving from NZTA
- 28/09RIP Bob Murray from Wheels World
- 12/06After Work - Fish 'n' Chips
- 09/06Speed Dome autotest
- 03/06RAC fun Sprint
- 02/06Monthly Cruise – York
- 26/06Monthly Meeting
- 07/07Country Cruise “The MX-500”
- 14/07Motorplex Sprint
- 17/07After Work - Detailing Clinic
- 19/07CMC Quiz Night
- 31/07Monthly Meeting & AGM
- 04/08Monthly Cruise - Ob Rally
- 14/08After Work – Burger Run
- 18/08RAC double autotest
- 28/08Monthly Meeting
- 01/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day
- 11/09Car Maintenance Night
- 15/09Speed Dome autotest
- 19/09Road Trip 2013
- 25/09Monthly Meeting
- 29/09Barbagallo Sprint (night)
- 06/10Journey with Jenn Cruise
- 15/10After Work – Freo Hotdog Run
- 20/10Motorplex Sprint or RAC autotest
- 30/10Monthly Meeting
- 03/11Monthly Cruise - Araluen
- 10/11RAC single autotest
- 24/11Dawn Breakfast – Bindoon
- 26/11Monthly Meeting
- 01/12Santa’s Sleigh Ride Cruise
- 10/12Xmas Twilight Picnic @ Iluka
- 15/12RAC double autotest
- 05/01Bob's Collectors Cruise
- 14/01City Beach Sundowner
- 04/02Monthly Cruise – Elmar’s
- 08/02Annual Dinner & Trophy Night @ The Oxford Hotel
- 15/02Night Cruise
- 02/03Monthly Cruise – Dardanup