ABOUT THE CLUB
The Mazda MX-5 Club of W.A. Inc is part of the biggest one-model car club in the world. Founded in November 1990 with support from Mazda WA. From its inception the club quickly grew and is now around 150 member strong.
The club is affiliated with similar MX-5 Clubs in across Australia. The clubs take turns in running a biennial 5-day National Meeting, with over 100 attendees. The WA Club won the Champion State Trophy at the inaugural NatMeet, held in Adelaide in 1994.
Until November 2013 the club had enjoyed support of Mazda WA and all Mazda dealers statewide, although it has always remained totally independent.
The Members range in age from late teens with "L plates" through to more than triple that figure, with both young and old making valuable contributions to the Club's management and activities. Membership is almost equally split between male/female; the MX-5 is a car that knows no boundaries, and has universal appeal!
The Club has regular Monthly Cruises and Committee Meetings to which all members are welcome, and also numerous social gatherings. Many members have found a whole new world of like-minded people, and a number of firm friendships have been established over the 20+ years that the Club has been established. The Club committee encourages members to take a role in organising activities and being involved in the Club's operations.
Members have the opportunity to compete safely and at minimal cost in a wide range of sporting events and driver training. MX-5 Club members have been very successful in the state Autokharna series, speed event series, motorkhanas, hillclimbs, navigation trials, sprints, Dutton Rally, TargaWest and even Targa Tasmania! Many members are actively competing in these and other events, and welcome other members to come along and enjoy watching the action.
Over the Club's 25+ years of life, many Club members have built up an encyclopaedic knowledge about the MX-5 - what accessories are worthwhile and who are the best suppliers, which performance mods actually work (and which ones don't!), how best to look after your MX-5, and also where and what are the best MX-5 driving roads in WA. At any Club meeting, all this information is available - all you have to do is come along and ask!
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 21/01MX-5 Fan Fest
- 15/10Motorsport R9 - Midvale Speed Dome
- 14/10Saturday Night Burger Run
- 08/10York Avon Valley Classic Rally
- 01/10Country Cruise – Greenbushes
- 22/10Dawn BreakFast Raid – Toodyay
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santas Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – The Wild Goose Chase
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood