01/07/09 - AGM 2009 information
Information for Members
Item 3. Special resolution to amend the Constitution
The Committee recommends a number of amendments to the Constitution and the By-Laws, primarily to achieve the following:
- To remove anomalous wording in the definition of a Full Member.
- To remove all definition of the amount of fees from the Constitution and put these into the By-Laws. Note that this is already done for the Annual Fee, but not for the Entrance Fee.
- To remove Entrance Fee entirely and replace it with an increased Annual Fee payable only in the first year of membership.
- To further define and encourage by reduced fees, new members who join later in the year.
- To remove the definitions of duties of committee members from the Constitution (these are already in the By-Laws).
- To use the same nomenclature in the Constitution and By-Laws for committee members.
- To allow banking transactions to be made by electronic transfer.
- To reflect the way the club actually conducts its business.
- In the By-Laws, define what we mean by an MX-5.
- To rectify and clarify any other errors, anomalies and typos.
- To make whatever other adjustments are necessary or reasonable to accommodate the above.
To achieve this, a substantive number of text amendments to the Constitution and By-Laws are required and these are shown in the marked-up Constitution and marked up By-Laws presented here.
The rules of the club require that the proposed changes to the Constitution (but not to the By-Laws) be ratified at an AGM. However as these changes are inextricably interlinked, members are encouraged to consider the proposed amendments in their entirety.
PDF files avaiable to download:
Information for members (Constitution amendments) (2)
MX-5 Consolidated Constitution (Rev 1)
By laws V1 2 (Rev 1)
- 29/08New look Mazda mx-5
- 24/05What the FIAT?!
- 01/12Anti drink-driving from NZTA
- 28/09RIP Bob Murray from Wheels World
- 12/06After Work - Fish 'n' Chips
- 09/06Speed Dome autotest
- 03/06RAC fun Sprint
- 02/06Monthly Cruise – York
- 26/06Monthly Meeting
- 07/07Country Cruise “The MX-500”
- 14/07Motorplex Sprint
- 17/07After Work - Detailing Clinic
- 19/07CMC Quiz Night
- 31/07Monthly Meeting & AGM
- 04/08Monthly Cruise - Ob Rally
- 14/08After Work – Burger Run
- 18/08RAC double autotest
- 28/08Monthly Meeting
- 01/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day
- 11/09Car Maintenance Night
- 15/09Speed Dome autotest
- 19/09Road Trip 2013
- 25/09Monthly Meeting
- 29/09Barbagallo Sprint (night)
- 06/10Journey with Jenn Cruise
- 15/10After Work – Freo Hotdog Run
- 20/10Motorplex Sprint or RAC autotest
- 30/10Monthly Meeting
- 03/11Monthly Cruise - Araluen
- 10/11RAC single autotest
- 24/11Dawn Breakfast – Bindoon
- 26/11Monthly Meeting
- 01/12Santa’s Sleigh Ride Cruise
- 10/12Xmas Twilight Picnic @ Iluka
- 15/12RAC double autotest
- 05/01Bob's Collectors Cruise
- 14/01City Beach Sundowner
- 04/02Monthly Cruise – Elmar’s
- 08/02Annual Dinner & Trophy Night @ The Oxford Hotel
- 15/02Night Cruise
- 02/03Monthly Cruise – Dardanup